Pages

From Catwalk to Kate

From Catwalk to Kate

Saturday 9 July 2011

DIY Jewellery- Would you wear that?

A new idea I have been experimenting with is making jewellery and prehaphs then selling it on places like Etsy and in stalls etc.

For this post especially, if you read this, please leave a comment, I'd love to know everyones thoughts on my items, would you wear it? Is it something you'd look at in a shop? Is there something missing?


Watermelon Bracelet
I used a bunch of watermelon seeds, and washed them then left them in the sun to dry.


Using an embrodiery needle, I attatched my seeds come beads to elasticated string.

I added colour, using my favourite summer nail varnish which is a bright coral colour. You can use anything I suppose, I half painted these because I wanted my bracelet to still hold a tribal feel.
Using an embrodiery needle, I attatched my seeds come beads to elasticated string.
I expermented with another colour too, I didn't want to mix any other different materials into my bracelets as I felt it may have cheapened them in a way, I'm open to all thoughts/ suggestions though


Let me know if you've made any jewelerry, what works best for you, let me know if there any colours you would like to see on mine!

1 comment:

  1. I really like it! I just had the idea to make a bracelet out of watermelon seeds and figured I would look it up and see if anyone else had had the idea... I really like the nail polish touch. ^_^ Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?