Pages

From Catwalk to Kate

From Catwalk to Kate

Monday 14 March 2011

Ready, steady, sew!

So, these were the items I managed to pick up from what was donated from the Salvation Army...




1. Pailsey printed dress
2. Orange Scarf
3. Another printed dress..

However, I felt the two prints were just a little too much together but I was then blessed with a white table cloth - the possibilities!
Discovering I could unpick my scarf giving me more material I also wanted to use a fraying technique to give me look a boho feel...
For the table cloth I want to create a high waisted uneven skirt, I then want to dye it with coffee to a dirtier colour...
The whole body is the dress back to front, the buttoned front will become a open back, I cut off the arms of the body, pinned them and sewn arm holes, I created a better more suiting neckline & I have pinned my scarfs in place where I want to create pannels on my body..
I want my body to be structured at the top of legs, very much gaga-esque...
To create this structure I stuffed the inside of the body with denim to make it as stiff as possible,
I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?