Pages

From Catwalk to Kate

From Catwalk to Kate

Monday 7 March 2011

Seventies Inspiration

For the seventies trend our group has been chosen to do, I took alot of my inspiration from the Topshop Unique S/S 11 show, i loved the mix of prints used and the fact they were tapping into the Modern Craft trend too. They have mixed many different textures and styles such as knitwear into dresses (picture 1&3) and creating different panneled on dresses from different clashing prints (5). Dyed denim was also used doubled up (8) and I loved the sheer maxi skirts (9).

For me, I loved the mix of prints on the body (1) and plan to create my own with clashing prints, for a complete look I think a sheer maxi skirt will compliment it beautifully, but I am yet to decide on what sort of print it would have! For styling the frizzy hair is a must and I love the circular sunglasses, I would accessorize looks more with large straw hats, seen at Marc Jacobs S/S11 and chunky wedges.

sources :All first are from images from http://insideout.topshop.com/blog/ and are deisgns for the Topshop Unique SS/11 show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?