Pages

From Catwalk to Kate

From Catwalk to Kate

Monday 21 March 2011

Skirt Work

MY pannels are finished and im very happy with them! Also, I finally got an even, flattering open back after sewing the back again, but I am much happier with it now..


As i begin work on my skirt I start by pinning it in a way I want it to hang, I spent a while playing around with it to get it the right way and stitched around the top to create a waistband that would fit, I also cut it around the edges and in parts to make it look more rugged. I am still deciding whether to put a button or a tie in so that the skirt can fasten..



At first I created twists and weaved them across a slit I had made, however, we help from other opinions as well as my own I decided this wasn't the best idea.

My next job will be to create a large plait, out of various skirt strips and orange material, as this will be neater and easer to keep so than a simple twist which are likely to come undone.. I would also like to do some embroidery and beadwork along the flowers, but I am yet to decide where yet because it is important that it can be seen.

So just work left to be done on the skirt now, and then my creation is finished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?